Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/10/2005 6:51:50 AM EDT
I did a logical search before posting but due to my newbie'ness did know what to search for.

I bought my first AR last thursday, a Bushmaster A3 with match barrel.  Went to a gun shop, talking to a guy and he asked if I had bought the buffer to put between the upper and lower to keep it from rattling.  He said the tolerances are so loose that I needed a spacer or the thing would rattle all the time.  What's he talking about and does that make any sense?

Thanks,
Robert
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:02:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:13:41 AM EDT
[#2]
He's just trying to milk you for another 5 bucks.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:17:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
his head is up his ass.

That's how he got the gun counter job.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:25:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Not needed. That said, I've used them and they do tighten up the upper/lower fit with no downside other than they make the take down pin a little tougher to pop out.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:29:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Listen to Aimless. Unless you have put a quadrillion rounds down the barrel or you've taken the upper off the lower every 5 minutes over the past year and a half, you don't need an accuwedge. If you are indeed rattling, see if you can find the source yourself and then go from there. You didn't say what type of A3 you bought but maybe the gunshop is hearing a rattle from a collaspable stock.have
There's no noobness to your question but I get offended when someone talks out of their arse.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:41:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys.  I've only put 60 rounds through it and it shoots great.  I noticed no rattle and certainly questioned the accuracy of his statement.  I'm ok with it as it is.

It's an A3 20" with the match barrel and whatever the full stock is.  It is not collapsable.   They guy didnt' even see the gun.  I bought it in WY and live in Houston.  Just chatting with a guy at Gander Mtn about it when he brought up "the rattling issues that Bushmasters have" and that "I shoulda bought an RRA".

Thanks again all!

Robert

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:40:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 12:00:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
They guy didnt' even see the gun.  

That's it, end of story.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Latin - Nupperime de Gallia huc volavi! Mehercule, bracchia mea defatiga sunt!
Translation - I just flew in from Gaul, and boy, are my arms tired!
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top