Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 5:21:20 PM EDT
I KNOW I've read about this on this site before....is Simple Green good, bad, or indifferent? Isn't there something called Simple Orange? Bear in mind I was in my early 20s in the mid to late 60s, so there is a possibility I'm hallucinating...my senior prom theme song was "White Rabbit" ;-)
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#1]
August 1, 2005

Tool Crib

Simple Green's New Safe Formula

The classic bottle of Simple Green cleaner has often been the subject of questions in the aviation industry, due to potential corrosion problems. Simple Green was well aware of these concerns and has developed a new forumula--Extreme Simple Green--that prevents corrosion and cleans as well as the old green solution. The problem wasn't that Simple Green was especially corrosive, but that if all of the soap wasn't completely rinsed off, then some Simple Green caught in crevices between aluminum joints could eventually create a dielectric and lead to corrosion. The old formula didn't meet formal aircraft cleaning specifications. The new Extreme formula eliminates the corrosion problem and also meets Boeing's cleaning spec, D6-17487 Revision P. Extreme Simple Green includes an anti-corrosion agent, prevents hydrogen embrittlement, and is safe to use for general cleaning and in pressure washers, parts washers, and dip tanks. Extreme Simple Green is also biodegradeable and solvent-free. Simple Green, phone: 562-795-6000, www.simplegreen.com.

http://www.aviationtoday.com/cgi/am/show_mag.cgi?pub=am&mon=0805&file=toolcrib.htm

but then what do they know.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top