Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 9:35:50 AM EDT
I've removed a damaged front sight post from an old Colt Sporter II and need to find a replacement.  Anybody know a good place to find a replacement part (preferably Colt mfg)?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:56:17 PM EDT
[#1]
normally the front sight post are drilled for the pins after they are installed, meaning you would have a hard time finding drilled fsb's that will match with the slots already on your barrel.

what you could do if you really want is send or get a machine shop to do it for you.

a lot of the new fsb's have no holes drilled in them
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
normally the front sight post are drilled for the pins after they are installed, meaning you would have a hard time finding drilled fsb's that will match with the slots already on your barrel.

what you could do if you really want is send or get a machine shop to do it for you.

a lot of the new fsb's have no holes drilled in them

So how are they attached and held in place? Armalite sent me one after the sunset, it has no holes. How do I put it on? Do I have to have a gunsmith do it?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#3]
he needs a fornt sight POST, not a BASE.  goto www.sawlesales.com or brownells They both sell COLT.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:22:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Haha, nothing that complicated thankfully, the post just got damaged and is pretty simple to remove.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top