Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 6:38:22 PM EDT
thanks in advance.............
lookin for a good all around lube
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I love the stuff.Dont have time to type all I'd like to say at the moment but will say I highly recommend it to anyone FWTW that has a firearm.
One of the best lines of L/P's I have used in the last 25 years.The TW-25B is flat out overkill for small arms,so it lasts for a long time and stays put.Slick stuff to say the least no matter how you apply it.
I like the TW-25B,MC-2500 oil and the MC-3000 semi-fluid.The cleaner is pretty good too.
Mil-comm is offering samples right now,so you can try it before you buy.
You can also find it locally in gunshops under the Kleen Bore label.But I hear that is soon to end.
HTH
www.mil-comm.com/
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Really good stuff! It has been talked about in great detail if you search for it. It is my favorite along with Slip 2000 which is another awesome oil.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#3]
ops144,

I caught wind of the stuff from a professional trainer friend.

He caught wind of the stuff from a certain Colonel associated with Bragg, and the associated worrys with the storage of ordnance in the "Basement".

The Good Colonel caught wind of the stuff through contact with Naval SF folks who were using the stuff intended for squidly deck guns.

Long story short.
The stuff works.
It stops rust from happening when properly applied.
The stuff works when dry to the touch after proper application.
I often Bathe using dish detergent to get the crap outta my hair and off of my skin thanks to my guys needs involving the stuff going airborne and on me.

My own experience has been nothing but positive.

Have run a M4 for over 1,000 rounds of nasty filthy Wolf ammo without malfunction attributed to the lube with no reapplication.

Have Beta tested a dozen+ carbines on range cycle to absolute abuse without failure attributed to lack of lube, and level of lube was at sub level 1.

Am currently running the TW25B as a chain lube on a 94hp Motorcyle with no signs of wear in excess of normal.

Am also running the stuff on a 11 ton agricultural impliment that uses chain drive, with LESS wear being noticed on the primary drive chains.

A month or so ago I was involved as an instructor at a training "festival", and asked the good folks at Mil-Comm if they had samples to pass out.

The samples got here two days late thanks to an admin error.

I called and asked what to do with the rather large box of 1.5oz Syrenges, 4oz tubes, and hundreds of mini packets, etc. and mentioned a Ranger Unit in the Stan that could use the stuff.

The reply was "You have to ask!".

I could go into lengthy detail, but it's bandwidth.

It ain't a CLP.
But for a lube/ preservative there isnothing that comes close.

Holler at Mil-Comm direct. Get the application rates, and testing results and NSN to correlate to the testing standards.

Nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, comes close currently.

Thecost is the only thing that might be objectionable.

Then again, the stuff is costing "Us" less, thanks to a extended Maint. interval.

Give it a run, just accept that Not looking of feeling"Wet" ain't a bad thing.

It took me some time.....

And no.
I have no connection with them, or anyone related to them except some end users, and as a customer.

Keep safe!
S-28
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:28:56 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the info guys

i orderd about 50 usd worth of the stuff and there cleaner

cant wait to try it out
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top