Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:10:03 PM EDT
Works like a charm.

I tried scrubbing the Glock 17 bore to clean it of all carbon residue but it was taking too long. I dunked the barrel into a jar of Carbon cutter and left it overnight. After 24 hours, black carbon chunks literally fell out of the bore and into the bottom of the jar (you could see strips of black carbon fall off). After running a few patches through, the bore looked brand spanking new except for copper streaks on the "rifling".
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:30:04 AM EDT
[#1]
ttt
waiting for flames to come.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:49:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you tried the Slip 2000 Copper Cutter yet? It works better then Sweets and most the others. It does have a  very slight amount of Amonia in it but boy does it clean.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Those "copper" streaks I saw is just bluing removed as the bullet passes through the bore (similar to the wear marks on the outside of the barrel).

I just finished soaking my barrel for 24 hours and there is a layer of black carbon at the bottom of my jar of Carbon Cutter.
The bore is factory-new clean! A few passes of a patch soaked in CLP finished the job. AFAIK I can't see anything wrong with this method. Some people noted that the bluing was removed by the Carbon Cutter but that appears to be mainly oil being removed from the metal surface. It tends to turn blued steel into a grayish matte finish. Just add new lube and it will look normal.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
ttt
waiting for flames to come.

there you go.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:25:14 AM EDT
[#5]

I'll see if I can take a pic of the layer of carbon particles at the bottom of the jar. The Carbon Cutter stuff is really great, but it takes some time for it to work.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:17:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'll see if I can take a pic of the layer of carbon particles at the bottom of the jar. The Carbon Cutter stuff is really great, but it takes some time for it to work.

Great lazy man's method - ! Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top