Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2005 1:52:08 PM EDT
I have an old bolt that had some pieces stuck(possibly rusted), but I have soaked it in Break free long enough to get it completely apart, except the spring for my ejector is stuck in place.  I can't get it to go down at all and I cannot get it out of the ejector hole.  

The bolt has continued to soak in Break Free for around a week and a half.  Any other suggestions for getting the spring out?  I have tried a dental pick, but all i can do with that is straiten out the pick...spring won't budge.....

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:37:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Kroil, it is better at freeing up rusted parts.

Other than that, you may just want to go ahead and buy a new bolt.

Or, you could try a drill bit the same size as the hole for the ejector spring or a bit smaller. Try drilling the old spring out.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:24:53 PM EDT
[#2]
A small roll pin punch or a drill bit the same diameter of the I.D. of the spring forced into it will bring it up and out.

Dave McGrath
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:46:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the ideas.....where can I get Kroil?

BTW.....I got the bolt for free, so if I throw it away I won't feel bad.....it is just a project that I want to be able to finish because I am bored.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:08:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for the ideas.....where can I get Kroil?

www.sinclairintl.com

www.midwayusa.com

Or, you can buy direct from the manufacurer at:

www.kanolabs.com

Kroil is also a good bore cleaner. It will not remove copper fouling, but removes carbon like a dream.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top