Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2005 4:54:07 PM EDT
it is friggin' hard to remove/install the handguards - is there a tool for that?

btw, is the "new" clp (like sold at wal-mart) the same as the "old" (armor holdings) clp? they smell different and the new stuff seems thinner.

thanks all

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Here you go, sissy.

There are several manufacturers out there that make these. I remember seeing some for around $16 not too long ago somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#2]
slip rings are a a bit harder than the delta ring.

CLP has changed over the years. Rember it has to pass a mil-spec, there not made the same, but both pass the spec.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:07:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster.com has the handguard removal tool for $19.95.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two of these. One came 16 years ago when I got married and the other nine when JB was born. Still wish I had one that didn't talk...
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:12:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Im 16 and i do it with oily rubber gloves on. SISSY.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:26:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here you go, sissy.

There are several manufacturers out there that make these. I remember seeing some for around $16 not too long ago somewhere.

looks like something I could make in my garage easy enough.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:55:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here you go, sissy.

looks like something I could make in my garage easy enough.

There was a thread with instructions on how to do just that floating around awhile ago.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top