Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 5:59:45 PM EDT
I need to remove the bolt release on the lower.  It seems to be just a simple pin that needs to be pushed out.  Does anyone know if this has tapper, from what direction it would then need to be removed?  Are there a number of small spings or just one that will come flying out, and what size would be the correct punch..... would sure appreciate any info before I loose anything I will need when it goes back in...

DAnhinking.gif
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#1]
one sprin and a plunger might come out if your not carfull. there not under heavy spring load.

it is a std roll pin no tapper at all. drive the pin out where you have the most room to do so. For me that is the side closer to the stock. taping the pin in the direction of bullet travel.  I forget the roll pin size punch you should use, but i have used allen keys in the past.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:18:35 AM EDT
[#3]
what everyone has already said
taping the reciever is a really good idea since this is obviously your first.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:22:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Why are you removing the BHO?  If you don't need to completely remove the pin then punch it out just enough to get the BHO out and then use a pair of slip ring pliers to press it back in.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Put masking tape all over the side of the receiver so you don't chew the crap out of it.  Don't ask why I know this...  

+1

I regret that to this day
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Why are you removing the BHO?  If you don't need to completely remove the pin then punch it out just enough to get the BHO out and then use a pair of slip ring pliers to press it back in.

+1 just remove it enough for the catch to clear leaving the pin partially installed would ease re-installation
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:00:33 PM EDT
[#7]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
Put masking tape all over the side of the receiver so you don't chew the crap out of it. Don't ask why I know this...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+1

I regret that to this day

Really ME TO!!!!!11111111oneone
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top