Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/2/2005 8:57:16 PM EDT
Has anyone ever replaced their firing pin retainer pin with one of these?

www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=890682

It does not seem to fit 100% flush with the carrier. Anything special to keep in mind when installing one?

JR
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:43:16 PM EDT
[#1]
It will fit flush with the carrier. KNS also makes one. Beats the old retainer. It will last forever unlike the normal cotter pin type retainer. Nothing to installing it. Just push it in and your done.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:26:51 AM EDT
[#2]
What does not look right to me is the flat head of the pin protrudes straight up about 1mm out of the countersink and breaks the radius of the carrier on the top left. It is all the way in .

JR
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I would think it should fit flush. I would call DPMS and ask them. You did insert it in the right side of the carrier?
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top