Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 2:51:59 AM EDT
Which of the Slip 2000 products works faster?
The green Carbon Cutter or the yellow gas piston / choke cleaner?

Has anyone just dumped their pistol barrels into this stuff instead of only brushing/swabbing the bore? I'm thinking about just pouring the stuff into a tupperware box or just dunking the barrel into the stuff and letting it work overnight. All the carbon should brush right off.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:39:14 AM EDT
[#1]
According to SPS the Slip 2000 folks, Gas Piston Parts cleaner and Carbon Cutter are very close to the same,

You can dunk the hole barrel in and let it set. They warn not to leave blued parts much more than a few hours becaues it can fade blueing. It can't hurt stainless. I use an ear plug (you know the green, yellow and orange foam rubber ones) just plug my barrel and pour some into the barrel, let it set and then pour it out.  Make sure that you fill the barrel full if your going to let it set for more the a few hours.  I also found that tupper ware will deform after storeing Carbon Cutter in it.

Apple Sauce, Apple juice, cranberry juice or any P.E.T. plastic containers hold up the best for storage of this product.

Black ABS pipe cut to the size with a cap on one end and a male adapter and plug on the other end so you can seal it up works great also for barrels.

Hope this helps, and if not you should really call and talk to Greg at SPS. Very nice folks and very helpfull.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:56:32 AM EDT
[#2]
What type of finish is used on Glock barrels? Bluing/Parked?
If that came off I don't think I'd mind since people get stainless barrels that are ultra shiny.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:02:18 AM EDT
[#3]
According to the folks at Glock Talk, it doesn't remove the finish of the barrel. However, it just seems so easy to just dunk the barrel in the stuff and walk away. It would make cleaning much easier IMHO.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top