Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2005 2:35:50 PM EDT
Was wondering if this stuff would be worth a try?

BD1
Link Posted: 7/4/2005 3:05:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, it's GOOD stuff.
Link Posted: 7/4/2005 3:12:39 PM EDT
[#2]
What does it do to rust?  How does it work?

Thanx
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Works like a champ!

But then, the only place I use it is on a Yamaha HPDI 150HP outboard motor, some connections in the bilge of my flats skiff, and on my aluminum boat trailer.  

Would be interested in hearing how anyone's using it on their rifles, though!  
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#4]
 I've been using it for about 7-8 years on rifles, reels, stuck bearings, and anything else I could. Excellent lube, rust prevent, etc... When I get low I'm gonna pony up and buy a bulk gallon. Good Stuff
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#5]
chlorinated hydrocarbon perhaps, meaning the usual stuff?

Just axin...

show me da chemistry
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
chlorinated hydrocarbon perhaps, meaning the usual stuff?

Just axin...

show me da chemistry

I'd like to know too!
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 8:14:27 AM EDT
[#7]
CorrosionX is a hi tech synthetic product. It contains a molecule that allow the product to actually bond with the metal. It bonds so well that it actually penetrates the metal one molecule or 3/10,00 of an inch. This "polar bonding" molecule, in addition to the combining molecule and the hydrocorban tail molecule allow the product to have one one the highest lubricity factors in the industry. Becasue of the polar bonding, there is now way that corrosive agents can get to the metal. It creates a barrier to outside world. There is no better gun care product on the market.

Check out the web site.

CorrosionX Web site

I use it on all of my guns and anything or everything that needs a good coat of corrosion inhibitor or anything that needs lubrication. It is the ONLY gun product I use.

Email me for more information.    
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 9:22:07 AM EDT
[#8]
 Where I noticed the corrosion resistance is in my saltwater wade-fishing reels.  When I take them apart to clean them the gears have zero corrosion and are much smoother than when I used various "reel oils".  I also like how "Slickity" (Technical Term) my bolts on Rem. 700's feel when using it.  YMMV, Bruce
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
 Where I noticed the corrosion resistance is in my saltwater wade-fishing reels.  When I take them apart to clean them the gears have zero corrosion and are much smoother than when I used various "reel oils".  I also like how "Slickity" (Technical Term) my bolts on Rem. 700's feel when using it.  YMMV, Bruce

FYI

Penn and Shimano are "pre-treating" their reels with a CorrosionX product called ReelX before they leave the factory. These reels can spin a high as 30,000 RPM. The grease they were using before they started using ReelX was causing a "hydrolic dam" in the gear assemblies slowing the reels down. Because the ReelX polar bonds to the gears and bearings leaving no excess libricant, the "hydrolic dam" effect went away.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#10]
 Makes sense.  I never knew I could backlash a reel so badly 'till I started using this stuff.... Sometimes ya gotta use the knife!
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
 Makes sense.  I never knew I could backlash a reel so badly 'till I started using this stuff.... Sometimes ya gotta use the knife!hr

Backlashing a reel has NEVER been a problem for me. I can do that without ANY kind of lubrication! But I don't fish any more.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#12]
btt
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top