Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2005 4:09:47 AM EDT
When my bush is unchocked the slide gets stuck mid charge. It is like it is getting stuck on the hammer. I am stuck as to what to do. Any ideas. I am really hoping I dont have to take it to a gun smith, dont really got the money for that right now.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 4:35:00 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
When my bush is unchocked the slide gets stuck mid charge. It is like it is getting stuck on the hammer. I am stuck as to what to do. Any ideas. I am really hoping I dont have to take it to a gun smith, dont really got the money for that right now.

Mike

I was not aware there was a "slide" on a Bushmaster AR15, I'll guess at what your attempting to say and you can tell me and others if I guessed correct......

When attempting to place your AR15 into "battery", pulling the charging handle results in the bolt (or bolt carrier) catching on the hammer of your rifle?????

Or are we talking while actually shooting the rifle, the bolt carrier hangs up?

Mike

ps - describing completely what's happening using the proper terminology really does help folks guess what your problem is.........
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 5:55:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

I was not aware there was a "slide" on a Bushmaster AR15, I'll guess at what your attempting to say and you can tell me and others if I guessed correct......

When attempting to place your AR15 into "battery", pulling the charging handle results in the bolt (or bolt carrier) catching on the hammer of your rifle?????

Or are we talking while actually shooting the rifle, the bolt carrier hangs up?

Mike

ps - describing completely what's happening using the proper terminology really does help folks guess what your problem is.........

Man.........give the dude some slack!

Don't tell me you've never had your" bush get unchocked when your  slide gets stuck mid charge"!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#3]
ok I'm sorry, the bolt it getting stuck after firing a round. I it is getting stuck mid way. with no round chambered and it is not cocked and you pull on the charging handle it hangs mid way.

and QUIB thanks for the back up.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 2:03:45 AM EDT
[#4]
try just a round in the gun and no mag. see if it hangs up.
Next max sure the carreri key screws and carrier key is tight.
how many rounds in the gun and what type off ammo is causing the problems.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 2:13:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Very vague description, is it kicking out the fired round or not?   May be short stroking?   Cant really tell by your description of what's happening.   Be as specific as possible.   Has this rifle worked properly before or did you just get it?  

If we're on the same page the "slide" you refer to is the bolt carrier.   "unchocked" maybe you mean you release the bolt catch or pull and release the charging handle?

Edited to add:
I searched for earlier posts of yours and there's a bit better explanation of your problem.   After reading those and I'm sure you've addressed the gas key being loose as suggested by others?  
I would look at your gas rings, when they're worn out you rifle will short stroke.  My Colt Hbar just started doing that.   This will be much worse when firing underpowered ammo like wolf.  Mine will still cycle XM193 but will not run at all with wolf.    Swapping gas rings got her running fine again.  They're cheap and it's an easy fix.  

Also if you've shot a bunch of rounds through it I'm sure it's time to clean the chamber.   Buy a proper M16 chamber brush and give it a good scrubbing.   Also have you disassembled the bolt carrier, removing the bolt and giving it a thorough cleaning?  
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 3:13:05 AM EDT
[#6]
A loose gas key will certainly cause a problem, there have also been those running aftermarket triggers that on occassion need slight modification in order to clear the bolt carrier, (if your running a stock Bushmaster trigger this will probably NOT be the problem)

Let us know "what" the problem was or your resolution, as this is how we all learn.......

Mike
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 7:53:28 PM EDT
[#7]
he needs to quit drinking...
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#8]
engrish no speak so well
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:00:05 PM EDT
[#9]
it is not ejecting the roud at all when fired. I did already try it with just the round no mag. Same story. It does this with all ammos, I normaly use wal-mart winchester, 55 gr. I have put about 3500 rounds thru the gun in the past 8 months, with no problems of any kind. This just happened one day in the middle of shooting. It is the stock triger. I ended up taking it to a gun smith, I was getting kinda antsy not shooting it in 3 weeks. So I should have the answer to my problem by late next week.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#10]
loose carrier key, is your problem.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top