Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2005 12:08:24 AM EDT
I got this new steam cleaner and it works great on just about everything, including my car engine, home carpets, clothes, it really does the trick on about everything,, '

Im just wondering if ultra hot steam ( water ) would cause harm to parts on the ar? botl assembly and receivers, evern the bore? of course followed with clp, but could this do more harm than good? or might this be a great cleaning solution?

muchos gracias!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:30:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Lot of guys shower with the M16, only real easy way to remove all the mud and crud after 2 weeks out in the field.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#2]
IMHO, it is a bad idea to intentionally introduce moisture into areas that you are concerned about corrosion...

Lot of guys shower with the M16, only real easy way to remove all the mud and crud after 2 weeks out in the field.

I have seen many weapons with corrosion from over cleaning and under lubing...

Some armorers require absolutely no visible carbon in a weapon.  So, PVT Snuffy grabs a can of carb cleaner, hops in the shower, runs rifle through dishwasher, etc and doesn't bother to lube weapon as that can draw more carbon out and then he'll have to clean it some more.  Then the weapon sits in an arms room for who knows how long depending upon circumstances rusting away...
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top