Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/4/2005 7:34:11 PM EDT
I've put just over 200 rounds through my Bushy and have noticed a lot of crap right at the muzzle. It's kind of hard to get to, but I used MPro-7 with a patch wrapped around a .40 nylon brush. I was worried about dinging the crown.

Is it worth cleaning out this area? If so, what do you guys use?
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I've taken mine off to clean the crown.  Be very careful when cleaning the crown not to ding it.  This is all assuming you have a 16" barrel.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 12:16:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't clean mine.  If I did it would probably be with a q-tip or something similar.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 4:19:46 AM EDT
[#3]
i dont
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 4:30:54 AM EDT
[#4]
duuuhhhh, TOOTHBRUSH...... (preferably an old one)

Mike
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 9:12:25 AM EDT
[#5]
i clean mine with a toothbrush once a year
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a stock of these a while ago. They get used for all sorts of things (my wife uses them more than I do, and ended up taking some to work - they then asked me to order a bunch for them).

There are not many areas on an AR15 that these won't clean -- and I defy you to do any damage with them.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I use a nylon "toothbrush" for the outside and, if needed, a .22 cal nylon bore brush to get int between the tines. This works great for me with Phantom and Vortex FHs.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#8]
The crown would be at the muzzle of the barrel, not at the edge of the FH. I've seen soldiers sticking the FH in sand or gravel when resting...

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Cleaning the inside of your flash suppressor is about as important as cleaning the tread on your car tires...WTF???
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:05:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Cleaning the inside of your flash suppressor is about as important as cleaning the tread on your car tires...WTF???

There's no harm in doing. Some of just prefer to clean to keep crap from building up on them and it never hurts to give it a close look to make sure there aren't any potential problems with.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:16:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Couldn't you soak the front end of the barrel in Slip 2000 Carbon Cutter?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:26:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'm not talking about cleaning the slots in the flash suppressor, or the flash suppressor itself. I'm talking about the carbon on the end of the barrel. Sorry, maybe I didn't state that clearly. hinking.gif
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top