Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2005 4:39:04 PM EDT
What kind of disposable gloves should I use that will hold up to CLP? Where can I get them cheap?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#1]
single use: laytx or pvc should work. Try a lowes or homedepot or simular type store.

Somethin to last: hard to handle small parts, try a chemical supply house.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Harbor Freight Tools sells them pretty cheap (along with most other things, at least when they go on sale).

www.harborfreight.com/
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:35:51 AM EDT
[#3]
So, latex are OK with petroleum solvents?
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 6:16:03 AM EDT
[#4]
yes but if you use any gun blast, powder blast or brake cleaner then no
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Beware of latex allergies - lots of folks have them.  If you're one, nitrile gloves are a good alternative; they're more expensive but those are the breaks.

One other thing: sometimes it's not the latex but the powder in the gloves that generates the allergy so look for powder-free gloves.

(I used to work in an ER/OR so I've been around gloves a lot. )
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I recommend dating someone in healthcare until you have all the gloves you need.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#7]
i get mine from work

im a mechanic

but i dont think they are that expensive
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:51:41 PM EDT
[#8]
The best by far are Nitrile gloves for example: www.securityworld.com/workplace/NS91472.html

They are chemical resistant and much tougher than other disposable gloves.  

Get them for about $12 per box at Harbor Freight.  order.harborfreight.com:80/EasyAsk/harborfreight/results.jsp
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:56:32 PM EDT
[#9]
tag
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:16:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The best by far are Nitrile gloves for example: www.securityworld.com/workplace/NS91472.html

They are chemical resistant and tougher than other gloves.  

Get them for about $12 per box at Harbor Freight.  order.harborfreight.com:80/EasyAsk/harborfreight/results.jsp

+1
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:32:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Powder-free nitrile. I buy them at CVS.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:53:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

They are chemical resistant and much tougher than other disposable gloves.  

Your link doesn't work; it may be from your own order.  Here's one that should work for everybody:
Harbor Freight Nitrile Gloves
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks, everyone, for the help. The nitrile ones were the gloves I was thinking of, but couldn't remember what they were called.

Thanks for the CVS tip, I pass one everyday going to work.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I recommend dating someone in healthcare until you have all the gloves you need.

But avoid the proctologists, if you know what I mean.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top