Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/30/2004 4:18:35 PM EDT
Anyone use these? They claim their CLP passes all MIL-63460.
Link Posted: 12/1/2004 11:32:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I use MPro7 oil and Breakfree CLP.  Both seem very good to me.  I really like the MPro7 spray cleaner - excellent stuff!
Link Posted: 12/4/2004 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone else?
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 5:56:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Apparently the NC Dept of Justice personnel does. I just saw a bill for 5 gallons of it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 7:43:42 AM EDT
[#4]
M Pro 7 is not on the QPL for 63460. They did not submit their product for official government testing and approval.

They most likely did the test themself or paid a contractor to test it IAW 63460D and claims it passes.

Any and all contractors love to massage the data and skew the results so that it looks like their product is #1.

I've had it with marketing and "test" hype. BF CLP for me.
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#5]
It is non-toxic which is nice. I'll try to find some and do the rust test on it. I wonder if it is a beter lube then BF CLP?
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#6]
1) I have had MPRO oil gum up on me. This was some years ago on a carry pistol. It may have been a bad batch; I wouldn't know. Haven't touched the stuff since.

2) MPRO cleaner (the spray stuff) is good. Not the best cleaner, but non-toxic, and is what I use to clean the frame on my Glock or other non-very-dirty parts. Easy on the skin, too.

3) I too am cheesed at how many claim 'Mil-Spec' or whatnot incorrectly. Marketing, I know, but it reminds me of the miracle snake-oil ads of the late 19th century. BF CLP for me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 10:01:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't speak to MPro7's product as supplied in the past, but if you go to the parent company's website www.pantheonchemical.com and click on their Gun products, then MPro7 you may learn a few interesting things.  (I believe the current MPro7 is different from the original.)

Apparently, MPro7 Cleaner and their "Military Grade CLP" are THE cleaner/lube prefered on both the Air Force's F-16 Figher's Gatling Gun and the Chain Gun on the Army Apache 'coper.  As a matter of fact, it is the only weapon lube Boeing approves for the Apache.  A Fairly Good Recommendation, it would look like to me.  

I called and talked to their miitary liason, Gabe,  (a former Airborne type) and he informed me that the Mpro7 cleaner "deep cleans" better than anything on the market - removes carbon from the pores of the metal - and their CLP is good from -55 degrees to 800 plus Farenheit.  Thus it does not "flash off" like most current lubes.  A new "thin film" lubricant, Gabe called it.  Pantheon supplies similar but not identical products to both Hoppe's and Smith and Wesson.

If it's good enough for real, live 6,000 rounds per minute hardware, it should work OK on an AR, wouldn't you think?  

Warmly, Col. Colt
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 12:16:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I can't speak to MPro7's product as supplied in the past, but if you go to the parent company's website www.pantheonchemical.com and click on their Gun products, then MPro7 you may learn a few interesting things.  (I believe the current MPro7 is different from the original.)

Apparently, MPro7 Cleaner and their "Military Grade CLP" are THE cleaner/lube prefered on both the Air Force's F-16 Figher's Gatling Gun and the Chain Gun on the Army Apache 'coper.  As a matter of fact, it is the only weapon lube Boeing approves for the Apache.  A Fairly Good Recommendation, it would look like to me.  

I called and talked to their miitary liason, Gabe,  (a former Airborne type) and he informed me that the Mpro7 cleaner "deep cleans" better than anything on the market - removes carbon from the pores of the metal - and their CLP is good from -55 degrees to 800 plus Farenheit.  Thus it does not "flash off" like most current lubes.  A new "thin film" lubricant, Gabe called it.  Pantheon supplies similar but not identical products to both Hoppe's and Smith and Wesson.

If it's good enough for real, live 6,000 rounds per minute hardware, it should work OK on an AR, wouldn't you think?  

Warmly, Col. Colt

Thanks for the info! I did not know this. I'll have to read up their website.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been using MPro7 for cleaning for the last 5 years.  For lubrication I've used BF CLP and MPro7's oil.    I really like MPro7 for cleaning!
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:34:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've been using MPro7 for cleaning for the last 5 years.  For lubrication I've used BF CLP and MPro7's oil.    I really like MPro7 for cleaning!

What do you think is slicker between the MPRO7 oil and Breakfree CLP?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd say they are both about the same.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been using strictly MPro-7 products (oil, cleaner, CLP) over the past 1.5-2 years. I'm cleaning in an apartment, so it's nice not to have the smell. I find that they definitely do the job.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:56:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I used Mpro7 CLP today (I didn't go shooting; I was just bored so I decided to clean and lube my guns).

I usually use Mpro7 Gun Cleaner to clean, and then FP-10 to lube and protect. This has really worked well. However, I have a bottle of Mpro7 CLP laying around, so today I cleaned my already clean guns, and then lubed with Mro7 CLP. I was surprised to learn that the liquid from my bottle of Mpro7 was clear. Supposedly it can withstand very hot temperatures (800 degrees Fahrenheit), which I think it better than FP-10.

My main concerns for firearms maintenance are cleaning and then lubing. I'm not worried about "protection" because I shoot a lot, live in dry country, and  I generally take good care of my weapons.

I'm curious how well Mpro7 CLP will work as a lubricant. I love Mpro7 Gun Cleaner (it really cleans well). I also like Mpro7's gun cleaning products. For example, their patches are the best patches I've tried. Also, their products are safe to use, and biodegradable. I have high expectations for Mpro7 CLP.

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:21:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Just a follow-up from my last post:

I went shooting yesterday with a friend. He was in a hurry, so we only shot about 240 rounds (I usually shoot a little more than that); however, we shot 240 rounds pretty fast (I'm guessing we were at the range around 15 min.). That's not too extreme, I know, but it sure gets the barrel hot. Especially the last two magazines: we had to go, so we each dumped a mag as fast we could.

Anyhow, I really like Mpro-7 CLP. I liked how it is oder and colorless, but after taking the weapon apart when I got home I like it even more. First, the weapon was still wet. I left on the same amount as I do when I oil with FP-10. Usually after shooting with FP-10 the weapon feels pretty dry (not completely dry, but drier than it did before shooting). With Mpro-7 CLP, the weapon was just as it was even before shooting it, except for the carbon. Also, I lubed the outside of my barrel (a free-floating barrel), and even the barrel was still wet with Mpro-7. I'm impressed.

Here's the kicker. I had left a tiny bit of Mro-7 CLP in the bore. After shooting I sent some patches with Mpro-7 cleaning gel on them down the barrel. This actually brought out wads of copper to my amazement and surprise. I usually only use an ammonia-based bore cleaner after every other third cleaning, but I was amazed about how much copper came out. It's almost as if the Mpro-7 CLP in the bore wouldn't let the copper bond. I mean, I've gotten little tiny bits of copper our before without using ammonia, but I was getting flakes of copper with just patches.

I guess you could say I'm impressed.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I've never used MPro7's gel - I'll have to get some and try it out.

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top