Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/29/2004 7:12:33 PM EDT
Howdy guys.  My grip is getting loose and starting to rock forward and backward on the lower.  I looked at the build it yourself guide, and the grip install is not in there, and there was a TM link here, but I am probably dense and do not see it.  It looks like a single allen key in there with a star washer.  What size is it, and anything I should look out for?

Sorry, just a little hesitant to break/shear off anything on my baby.  

Thanks for your help.

-Redfoot
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:07:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I cant remember what size the allen head is.I tossed the allen head screw and replaced it with a slotted head screw long ago.
If the grip is loose just snug it up a bit.Do not ham fist the screw driver.Just snug it up until the grip stops moving around.
hth
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:05:18 AM EDT
[#2]

The grip screw uses a 3/16" allen... I use a long T-handled allen to make it easy to reach inside the Hogue and tighten the screw...

Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:30:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Loc-tite is your friend, the purple or blue stuff.  A long T-handle is a must too.  I recently ordered a Cav Arms/Falcon Ergo grip and they don't include a %@#!*&^ hex with the grip!  Tango down Battlegrip does.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, that was exactly the info I needed.

Happy hunting!

-Redfoot
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top