Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2004 11:55:11 AM EDT
I'm about to order a few bottles of CLP, but there are two types offered, liquid and aerosol? I would imagine most people here use the liquid form, but I'd think that aerosol form would be easier to spray onto parts if i'm not quite taking the bolt carrier group apart and such?

Any opinions on the best form of (breakfree) CLP to get? I suppose I could hedge my bets and get one of each.

Thanks for any opinions!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Try a can of Eezox from www.eezox.com YMMV but I found it to be better then Breakfree and switched.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#2]
+1

I use Eezox and was gonna switch to Break Free,  I have done some research and will keep my Eezox.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#3]
While I've always bought CLP in the 4oz. sqeeze bottle and have never personally used the aerosol, I've heard bad things about it. Most people say the aerosol runs out before even half the can is gone, so you have half a can of CLP and it is useless. Apparently the aerosol CLP smells like crap too. BTW- When cleaning your AR, I highly suggest taking apart your bolt carrier and bolt as they are the "heart" of the AR system and should be cleaned well.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#4]
If I remember correctly,Don Yoder@Break Free said the retail liquid bottles is the new E revision of the mil-spec.The aerosol is the older D formula which contains more solvent...and if you read the MSDS's the aerosol is about like the Break Free clp that the military currently uses.
So if you want something close to what the military uses,then buy the aerosol.
I prefer the liquid bottles so thats what I used.Less waste in my opinion.
Raymond
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top