Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/25/2004 4:54:32 PM EDT
i must be retarded, but i've looked at several supplier's websites and can't find this item..does someone know where to find it? thanks !
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:24:18 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah those 36" rods are common...i'm looking for a 30" rod..any idea where to find it?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:27:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Make your own-- once the rod comes out of the ferrule ( bound to happen sooner or later). Cut the rod to the length you want with a Dremel or x-acto razor saw, then epoxy the rod and ferrule back together. I like the carbon rods, but  they are too long and whippy and the ferrules do tend to pull off.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:55:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I read on Midway's site that a lot of people had the graphite rods fall apart... and coupled with the fact they're hollow makes me wary of using them in a 24" barrel (or 20" barrel) due to the length and the amount of flex that is possible. A breech rod guide is almost mandatory but I've had cheap hollow rods snap.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:01:51 PM EDT
[#5]
okies..gave up on the carbon fiber rod..and Brownell's DOES sell a 30" Dewey coated rod..it's almost impossible to find in their catalog or online, but it IS there ! and yes, it does fit in a 35" discreet case...WOOT
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#6]
deweyrods.com has 30' cleaning rods and lots of other good stuff
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top