Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2004 4:26:55 AM EDT
I am trying to gauge interest on a new product we just came out with. I made this for a member that deals with police agencies and does alot of telestock change outs. As we know, the castlenut needs to be tightened pretty firmly and this stand is designed to hold the gun firm while doing so. It will also work well for other routine maintenance and build. THE ENTIRE STAND is made of HDPE plastic and will not harm the weapon at all!!!

Let me know what you think.

Thanks, Mike

WE USE THE SAME MATERIAL AND CONSTRUCTION FOR OUR HYDRAULIC TOOL HOLDERS. THIS SPREADER WEIGHS 68LBS!!!!  VERY RUGGED CONSTRUCTION!!

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Would it hold the buffer tube "straight"?  My locking plate isn't very good, and coincidentally allows my tube to rotate while tightening the castle nut, making lining up the stock difficult.  Also, would the slot for the tube be cut for a mil-spec or a RRA/bushy spec tube?  

I'd be interested in one regardless, I think its a great idea.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:37:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm.  Good question? The stock and lower seem to be lined up pretty well. I was not aware of different slot sizes on different stocks. I guess I will find out. I built this one for the stock you see in the pics. I got the stock from ADCO Firearms and it is on my Bushmaster.

Any help you can give me in determining what the width of the slots need to be for both would be greatly appreciated. The slot I am currently offering is 1/2" deep and 1/2" wide.

If you want one, let me know. I made 4 of them for shipment on Monday and will start taking orders for more. I will try to accumulate 4 at a time before I ship.

thanks, Mike

Quoted:
Would it hold the buffer tube "straight"?  My locking plate isn't very good, and coincidentally allows my tube to rotate while tightening the castle nut, making lining up the stock difficult.  Also, would the slot for the tube be cut for a mil-spec or a RRA/bushy spec tube?  

I'd be interested in one regardless, I think its a great idea.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#3]
All I know is that the Mil-spec tube's bottom portion is a bit thinner.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Also, how much are you asking for this?
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top