BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2004 12:23:27 PM EDT
Is Remoil any good?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:01:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, it has teflon in it though, so I'd keep it out of the bore.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#2]
i use it all the time, i use it in my bore,  doesnt seem to have any ill effects.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:49:04 AM EDT
[#3]
only thing i never liked about it, it seamed to light of an oil, besides that never a problem in anything i ran with it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I used it for a short time on my Remingtons.It works o.k. and liked it pretty well,but it tends to evaorate rather fast.So a new coat is needed often.Like others have said I think its a bit to thin to be a real good lube.It is a excellent penetrant and cleaner though.Ive still got a couple 10oz cans here that I use from time to time as a penetrant/cleaner.
Break Free CLP or FP-10 CLP would be a much better choice for about the same kinda money.
Raymond
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a spray can of Remoil. When I’m finished with all the cleaning, I put the tube down the throat of the barrel and give it a quick spray.  Then I take a few more patches and almost dry the barrel out.
Sometimes the patches come out dirty.  This means that I didn’t do a good enough job cleaning out the bore.  So I start all over again.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#6]
 Too light for my taste.  FP10 gets my vote.  Works better than CLP and doesn't give me a headache :D
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:40:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I've used it for a few years.  I love it!  I just bought a new can today.  

I wipe down the exterior and put a few drops on the rails.  It keeps all surfaces lightly lubed and (in my opinion) does not evaporate as fast as other CLP.  I've also found that it does not collect dust and other debris like other CLP.  Officers I work with have asked what I use to keep my guns and mags as clean and lubed as they are...Remoil.  

It's better to have a second gun and not need it,
then to need a second gun and not have it. - Carry a back-up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:07:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:19:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I use remoil as an exterior protectant.  its nice and light, and covers well.

Break free for moving parts.

By the by, remoil is the BEST, bar none for pocket knives...due to the teflon content and thinness.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:01:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Remoil uses Teflon for lubricant.  The solvent carrier that makes it wet evaporates and leaves Teflon.  I use this on the bolt carrier of my AR and other applications where thicker lubes like Break Free might collect dirt or gum things up.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top