Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2004 4:33:44 PM EDT
Anybody have any recomendations on what is a necessity and what  works best?  I have been looking at the Bushmaster Master Armorers tool kit for ideas  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 2:45:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Dewy coated rods and bore guides for home. for field a bore snake.

chamber brush a nylon toothbrush and a brass one if you dont like carbon build up on the back face of the bolt.  

Q-tips, 100% double nap cotton patches.

Quality gun oil/rust prevent  ie Break Free clp, fp-10, g-96.

Bore solvent such as Hoppes No. 9 or better. ie shooter choice or butches bore shine.

Copper remover not really needed in a chorme lined but sweets 7.62 or shoters choice copper remover will work. the one listed before ie hoppes etc will also remove copper but it takes overnight where these do it in 7 minutes.

and dl the m-16 maunal hosted somewhere on this site or biggerhamer.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Gregory_K has hit the nail on the head. I can't think of anything else I would classify as a "necessity."

From here you start to get into the options like a cleaning link or bore guides or ....... The list can be endless especially if you start into the tools for doing more work than cleaning on your rifle.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I like dental tools for a completely anal cleaning job, which I'm doing right now... resulting in black stains on my keyboard as I type this

- BUCC_Guy

(Obviously you don't freakin gouge into the metal with picks... but i like them for the nooks!)
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.ar15.com/content/manuals/
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#5]
One of the best tools is the double ended toothbrush.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top