Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2004 6:10:07 PM EDT
So, I have the Midway catalog out and I'm looking at the Dewey coated rods when the carbon fiber Tipton rod on the next page catches my eye. What do you guys think of carbon fiber rods?
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 6:15:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I use them exclusively. It seems everyone but me is in love with coated rods but I hate them--the coating will always scrape off. Carbon rods are slick and very tough, and don't get gouged like aluminum or coated rods.
Brass rods are nice, too  
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 7:37:49 AM EDT
[#2]
The Tipton rod looked pretty nice to me. Are they stiffer than coated steel? The only thing I didn't like on the first glance was the available lengths...  36" is too long, 26" is too short.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 5:57:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah , the lengths are screwy. The long ones are kind of "whippy" for shorter barrels, but using a Stoney Point bore guide with my 20" barrel works out fine.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#4]
After sitting on and bending a Dewey coated rod I replaced it with a carbon fiber rod.  I love it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:35:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't speak for rods but I recently bought some carbon arrows for my bow and they are alot better than aluminum arrows stiffer stronger always true and never warp. I gave my 2 dozen aluminum arrows to my son to shoot at a stump .
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top