Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2004 3:16:15 PM EDT
i just got my bottle of  fp-10 in the mail today. b4 i use it i wanna get all the clp off. what's a good cleaner? ( non-toxic preferably) i was planning on using simple green but somewhere i read that causes problems. thanks for any info you guys have.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:43:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Brake Cleaner?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Why do you want to get all the CLP off before using the FP-10?  I too just ordered a bottle of FP-10 (from Brownells) and am waiting for it to be delivered; probably in acouple more days.  Interested in seeing how it performs as compared to others i.e. breakfree, hoppes etc.  Will post my results later on.

Robb
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:47:58 PM EDT
[#3]
i was reading one of the other posts..i believe it was the "fp-10 vs. tw-25" the guy mentions cleaning all the clp off b4 applying the new lube. i wasn't sure if it was necessary or not. anyways, one good thing i can say so far is the fp-10 smells kinda cinnamony:)
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i just got my bottle of  fp-10 in the mail today. b4 i use it i wanna get all the clp off. what's a good cleaner? ( non-toxic preferably) i was planning on using simple green but somewhere i read that causes problems. thanks for any info you guys have.

No need to strip all the old clp off the weapon.Just wipe the old clp off as best you can with a cloth and clean with FP-10 clp.Ive used Break Free and FP-10 back to back with no issues.MPC/FP-10 also said no need to strip to bare metal,just wipe old oils off and clean with FP-10 CLP.Good to go.
FP-10 and Break Free are compatible.
Now with TW-25B you need to strip all the old clp or any other oils off before application,or the TW-25B will not stay put.TW-25B does not clean and will not bond to a contaminated surface very well.
If you want to ask George Fennell/FP-10 questions directly go here to the FP-10 forum:
pub13.ezboard.com/bfirepowerfp10forum
Or email them directly from the website.
Raymond
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks bro for the info.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#6]
DO NOT use Simple Green on anodized aluminum. It is a very mild alkaline and will strip the anodization from the aluminum over time and repeated use.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeap,no simple green for me.
I'd rather use MPro7 or Mil-comm's MC-25 cleaner anyday.Really like the MC-25 cleaner from Mil-comm..Works great and cheap too.$15.00 for a pint.
Raymond
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top