Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/28/2003 8:51:28 AM EDT
Hello people
I was wondering what kind of cloth to use to wipe down my ar that wont leave lint all over my finish?
After i clean my ar i want to wipe the whole thing down , a combination of oil and the rag im using leaves lint and an uneven coating on my ar.
Also after cleaning what do you all wipe down your ar's with, as in  clp or what?
thanks
cannibal.............................
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I just use rags made from old black t-shirts that my girl doubles up and hems for me. Any lint they leave is black anyway. As far as a wipe down oil, I prefer to use FP-10 (which is a CLP) because of it's lovely cinnamon scent [:D]
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats one heck of a user name you have there.

Lately I have been keeping a rag soaked with FP-10 in a zip lock. It is saturated, but not dripping and that is what I have been "trying".

Seems ok.

YMMV

Danny
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 11:55:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Excellent idea Danny. I'll have to try that.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#4]
so fp-10 and an all cotton black rag?
i thought there was some kinda miracle rag[;)]
to bring back the luster of my AR
cannibal..............
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Old (clean) coffie can with a lit also works and easy to get to on the shop bench.

I like having a couple wipe rags, the second that is nearly dry for wiping off any excess.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 10:29:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I have this rag that came in my kleen bore pistol cleaning kit that works pretty damn well.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I use a brush to apply a thin film of FP-10 to all the inside and outside surfaces.Works great and does not leave lint.
Put a few drops of oil on the brush and go at it.
Raymond
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top