Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2003 8:06:50 PM EDT
I bought a bottle of FP-10 this week and would like to give it a try. Im a bit confused. The bottle states "clean and degrease firearm prior to applying FP-10". Some board members have said it is the ultimate CLP. I guess I will still have to use MPro 7 to clean my weapon prior to using the FP 10.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:36:50 PM EDT
[#1]
You must have a bottle of Shooters Choice FP-10.
They sell it as a lube/protectant only.
Although it is the same as the Firepower FP-10.
It is a clp.
I had a bottle of the SC FP-10 sometime ago but it is long gone.Dont remember the details on the label,I just used it.
None of my Firepower FP-10 bottle labels say that,I can say that for sure.
Just use it like you would any clp.It cleans perfectly.Try it and see for yourself.
Raymond
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#2]
For whatever reason, Shooter’s Choice doesn’t market FP-10 as a CLP, even though it is.

The instructions on my bottle of Shooter’s Choice FP-10 says to clean and degrease using Quick Scrub III cleaner/degreaser.

Quick Scrub III is, of course, also made by Shooter’s Choice!!

I suspect they’re simply trying to get you to also use one of their other products.

As Blankwaffe98 said, just use it like you would any CLP.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#3]
You Guys BOTH hit the nail, right on the head. Thanks Ray and 199, for responding for me. It's been very busy here, as of late.

That's Shooter's Choice's instructions, not mine. AND, as Raymond and 199 state, it creates more sales for their bread-n-butter products that they produce, whereas, they have to BUY the FP-10 from me to resell it.

No shakin', bakin', or de-greasin'...just use it. No need to degrease to bare metal at all. Just wipe off the excess lube of whatever you had on it, the best you can. The FP-10 is a surface competitor, and it will win every time, displacing the other oil and creating it's famous boundary film. There's no solvents or volitiles in it to react with other solvents or chemicals, either. It is incredibly stable but dominates on the metal surfaces.

Best regards,
George

edit - better include this...
[url]http://www.fp10.com/MPC-SC.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:00:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for your responses. This site never ceases to amaze me.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#5]
i can vouch for how efective fp-10 is. i bought 2 pints of it awhile back and every time i clean a gun with it i am amazed at the job it does. just a couple of weeks ago my dad and i had been out shooting our pistols. his rossi .38 had fired about 200 rounds of my lead reloads. the gun was totally gunked up. the cylinder would barely turn. i removed the cylinder and attacked the gun with fp-10 and an old soft tooth brush. the fp-10 broke up gunk that had i used hoppes would have required vigrous scrubbing with a bronze brush. 15 minutes later i had dads revolver clean lubbed and back together again.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top