Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/12/2003 7:09:18 AM EDT
hello
for cleaning i use a bore cleaner and i use LSA to lube everything up.
what are some opnions on LSA?
Im new to this forum ,i have checked out some topics on maintence but havent seen anything about LSA.
thanks
cannibal
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:18:23 PM EDT
[#1]
LSA is basically CLP or Break Free they are all basically the same. Several posts right here on first oage about it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:55:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve haven’t used it since I left the Service in the late 60’s.  

However, the posts I’ve read here seem to be pretty favorable toward it.

It is a bit different from CLP’s in that it doesn’t have a cleaner in it.  Since you’re also using a bore cleaner, that isn’t an issue.

It does seem logical to me that more modern lubricants are (or at least should be) a bit better.   Admittedly, I have no proof to support that statement.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:50:26 PM EDT
[#3]
It can't be too bad, my Colt M4 manual recommends it for "harsh conditions" instead of CLP.  Actually, if anybody wants some, let me know, I have a whole gallon of it.  It is a helluva lot thicker than CLP.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#4]
The LSA goes on as a liquid and more or less "half drys" to a thicker oil film.

CLP tends to make a much thinner oil film.

Like the LSA for areas that need to be lubed due to moving surfaces (been using the Break Free 20mm cannon lube of the old days) and like the CLP as a general "lube/oil" for everything else.

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#5]
email JoshD
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#6]
just a comment, not to say that anyones right or wrong,,

lsa is much thicker than clp, holds up to temperature extremes alot better. its also what we`re using in the desert, it doesn`t make that dust/dirt+clp dry cement.

btw,  it might be working out fine, but in general you shouldnt mix lsa and clp, as the ingredients in the clp will break down the lsa

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top