Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2003 6:16:47 AM EDT
hey people
what do you all think about the OTIS cleaning system.
its what im using for my ar 10 now.
thanks
cannibal
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:40:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Good for expediate field cleaning, but for most part I use solid Dewey rods, Ray-Vin bore guide and plastic bore brushes.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:46:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Good for ALL cleaning.

I can pull a tighter patch than you can push with a Dewey = less work
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:06:04 AM EDT
[#3]
1 word... "BORESNAKE"
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#4]
oh man.  you guy's beat me to it.

i got Dewey rods and boresnakes so i never looked at them past the fact they were a piece of nylon coated wire
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Some folks here really like them.

I’m not one of them though.

My cleaning “weapon” of choice is a Bore Tech coated, one piece rod and – admittedly – all the bells and whistles that go with it.

Still, as long as you can clean your bore without damaging it, what exactly you use doesn’t matter.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:16:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I love mine. Absolutely, the best cleaning kit I have ever used. I would recommend a OTIS kit to anybody.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:58:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I got to say I LOVE IT. It nice the way it curles up when you run it through the chamber and out the reciever.It curles so you can put your patch or brush on it with no problems. I have about 5 of them for various uses. Ones in my range bag.one in each of my AR15's , and one in my M14 and a spare....WarDawg
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top