Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2003 11:38:46 AM EDT
I have a ar15 and the triggerpull is very heavy.
Is it possible to adjust this so i don't have to pull so hard before it fire's.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:10:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Be very careful when adjusting the factory AR trigger. Do NOT stone the surfaces as the hardness is very thin and an unsafe trigger can result. What I would do is to remove the trigger and thoroughly clean it. I then take a felt wheel on a Dremel tool and polish it, making sure to not remove any of the surface. I have found JB bore compound to be a good polishing adgent and it will not get into the surface it only cleans it up. After cleaning it up again and re-installing, add some lube to the surfaces and give it a try. To be totally honest, the only real safe way to get a good clean breaking trigger in an AR is to go aftermarket. Jewell, Rock River and some of the others are the way to go. You can not make a great trigger out of a turd.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top