Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/24/2003 4:59:32 AM EDT
Hello everyone.  I just wanted to ask if anyone thinks that Breakfree LP may be a better lube than CLP since it is thicker and does not contain the solvent content of CLP.  I have read numerous opinions of CLP being somewhat of a "compromise" in performance as far as lube goes, and that Miltec does not protect against corrosion well.  Break Free LP is both a little thicker lube that seems to lubricate better than CLP and still has the preservative and rust preventative content of CLP.  What does everyone think?  Thanks for replies.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:40:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm with you. I use the LP as opposed to CLP. The higher viscosity of the LP over CLP impressed me. I have used it for about 2 years now on my highpower AR's and have noticed no difference in functioning, etc.

It works for me.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:53:53 PM EDT
[#2]
What you’re saying makes sense.

However, in my limited experience I’ve never seen a properly maintained AR develop wear problems, so I’m not sure there’s a big advantage to what you are suggesting (though there probably is some).

Also consider that if you use just an LP, you’ll need to use a separate solvent first.

I admit I prefer an LP on a handgun since it’s thicker and doesn’t get on your clothes or sprayed on your glasses when shooting.  But for an AR, a CLP does all I need.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:31:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I use only CLP on my AR and have switched to CLP for all my guns. I have no problems to report.

Regards,
Brad
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top