Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/9/2003 5:58:42 PM EDT
I know you could clear your barrel of snow or mud with a Otis kit.  What about something hard to remove, like a stuck bullet from a dud reload?
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 6:27:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know you could clear your barrel of snow or mud with a Otis kit.  What about something hard to remove, like a stuck bullet from a dud reload?
View Quote

For that you will need a cleaning rod.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 6:59:44 AM EDT
[#2]
In my experience sometime you can't even remove the Otis.  If you misfold the patch you can jam it in so tight it take 2 people and some Kroil the remove it...I've switched to BoreSnakes for this reason.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:12:51 AM EDT
[#3]
1. it comes with a bore obstruction remover - I can't vouch for how well it works or doesn't

2.  you can pull out ANY patch, no matter how stuck.  wrap the cable around something solid and yank.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:37:39 AM EDT
[#4]
So how do boresnakes compare to the Otis system.  Good and bad points of each?
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:24:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Boresnake is good for a quicky clean

Otis does a full & total clean
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top