Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2003 12:55:37 PM EDT
Poly-Dunk-Kit or Dunk-Kit

I saw it on a rerun of American Shooter.  I don't have any polymer pistols, but I suppose that I might get one someday.  For now, would it be best to get just the Dunk-Kit?  Or is the Poly-Dunk-Kit the same as far as a regular blued pistol?

Is either one hard on rubber  or wood pistol grips?  Leather or cordura holsters?  Ammo?

Any hints on how to use it on long guns like the AR?

shop.cylinder-slide.com/clickcartpro/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?usr=&pg=cat&ref=4

TIA
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#1]
A couple of the guys over at hkpro.com swear by it, but I've never tried it personally.

Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:04:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Much cheaper and easier solution:

Mix up some Ed's Red (if you don't know what it is, it's home-made bore cleaner, and good at that).

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Gorge/4653/edsred.htm

Then, put it in a big bucket. Remove plastic grips or wood (let's face it, if it's a decent cleaner, it'll eat up both those). Then, let it soak in the barrel. I put mine on a mesh strainer turned upside down in the tank so it doesn't sit in settled gunk.

Take out, blast clean and whala - clean gun. After a while, strain the solution through a terry towel to clean it, and it'll last pretty much forever.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:36:09 AM EDT
[#3]
With the amount of plastic around now days deep inside one's firearm, would consider leaving out the acetone (plus help reduce the chance of fire).

I have been using a mixture of low odor mineral sprits and a little ATF (5 to 10% or 1 quart in four gallons), however, lube afterwards.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top