Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2003 9:49:52 PM EDT
after my first session of shooting my AR, I noticed that there was a lot of moisture in the chamber.  what does this come from?  anyway, I didn't do anything about it...but I'm starting to wonder if that was a mistake.  does it usually cause rusting if you dont dry out the firing chamber after each use?
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#1]
moisture as is water or oil or what???????
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#2]
water
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#3]
You ask the goddamndest questions!

How do you expect anybody here to figure out what you did to get water in your chamber?

In more than fifty five years of shooting and reloading I have never once seen anybody end up with water in their chamber from shooting.

I eagerly await the explanation to this one!

Link Posted: 10/26/2003 7:41:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Him,

thank you for answering my question.  i just wanted to know if this was normal.  i guess its not!  i have no idea how it got wet...maybe just condensation from the air
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#5]
If the metal was cold indoors, it could just be condensation from bringing it outdoors to a warmer, more humid environment.  I hope that your remedy is to shoot the rifle often enough to cook of any moisture (its a good excuse to shoot more, anyway).
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top