Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/13/2003 6:26:14 AM EDT
These cleaning kits are availble on ebay @ $11.95 plus $4.95 shipping. I bought one..hasn't arrived yet. BTW, I am not affiliated with the seller...you can buy your unimog from him too!
Brad

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3630910588&category=22700&rd=1
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the info; great price, I ordered mine Monday night and got it today.  Otis looks like the way to go.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 4:46:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine hasn't come yet...maybe today. I'll need it because I am planning on going to the range tonight!
Brad
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 4:15:26 AM EDT
[#3]
My kit came last night. It looks great. Now I can keep my locking lugs clean.
Brad
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I have always wanted one of these cleaning kits. I felt that they were always too expensive, until today!!! I ordered two so I could give it as a christmas gift.

Thank You for posting that it was available on E-Bay
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 3:36:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Still like the kit...but how do you pack it so it will fit in the buttstock without forcing it?
I am not kidding...any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks - Brad
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 1:52:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn, that is a great deal!!!  I bought mine for $24.95 about a year ago.  I guess I'll pick up another one for the heck of it.

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:48:48 AM EDT
[#7]
$10 + $4 shipping

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3632385392&category=22700[/url]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:54:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow, that is a great price.  I bought two of those kits at a gun show a few months ago for $20 each, and that was a good deal.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys. I just ordered 2 ea from Static88 for $10 ea .That was a $24 total with shipping for 2ea kits. Not bad indeed. WarDawg
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Still like the kit...but how do you pack it so it will fit in the buttstock without forcing it?
I am not kidding...any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks - Brad
View Quote

I just got one of these from Bushmaster, it cost $43.95 and it took three weeks to get here man I got ripped. I wish I found out about this first. I'm hiting my head against a wall now. [banghead]

I would also like to know how too correctly pack it so I can get it in the buttstock.

Thanks for any help.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:34:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Brad - Thanks for the heads up on this!  I ordered mine early this morning and received confirmation that it shipped this afternoon.

I have Cavalry Arms C1 buttstocks on two of my ARs and the Otis kit fits in there with a little room to spare.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I would also like to know how too correctly pack it so I can get it in the buttstock.

Thanks for any help.  
View Quote

It's tricky the 1st couple of times.

I:  

pack the toothbrush head down, putting in the rods, then the brush

insert the unit into the buttstock, wiggling, rearranging as I go

then, insert the CLP bottle, fold over the top (I gave up securing the flap), jam in some patches and you're done

After you do it a few times, it gets easier, and the parts conform better.

I suggest you get a kit for actual cleaning ALSO, and just keep this in the garage/basement.

Keep the buttstock kit in place and intact.  Then, you won't ever forget it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks fight4yourrights,

I'll try that. I just cleaned my new AR for the first time today, with my bigger more expensive cleaning kit, and since I'm a newbie it took me almost four hours.

thanks 556Cliff
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 6:45:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Cliff - FOUR HOURS??

What the heck are you doing?

It's a 15 to 30 minute job, I could see 45 min to an hour *maybe* for a newbie.

Are  you following the manual?  Don't take too much apart.  (hint - don't remove the trigger, the gas key, etc...)
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 7:11:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I didn't say four hours, I said almost four hours.[;)]

Yes I was following the Bushmaster manual.

556Cliff  
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#16]
You can easily upgrade the standard GI kit with the parts of the Otis that are the most important; namely the cleaning rod.

You have your standard GI kit for a couple of bucks and throw in an Otis flexible rod for about $5. If you use GI brushes, you can get the converter from Otis for a buck.

It is a pain getting the flex rod in the stock, but once you get the packing order figured out, it fits easily without putting much pressure on the flex rod.

I pack the GI handle and short rod in there too for cleaning the chamber. It's a lot less gimpy than the Otis flexible chamber rod.

~AbM

EDIT: I see that the actual Otis kit comes with a small rod for the chamber anyway. Oh well, I guess the price comes out about the same anyway. But if you already have a GI kit, just picking up a flex rod and adapter is cheaper than getting a whole new one from Otis.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:06:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Damn, the auction ended...
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top