Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2003 7:58:02 AM EDT
I just picked up a breech rod guide,cleaning rod and acc.'s.He claims theese are "THE BEST" you can get.Are they?
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Dewey cleaning equipment is excellent and will serve you well.

To be honest, though, the Bore Tech cleaning rod is a bit better than the Dewey.  However, it’s also quite a bit more expensive.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Only a small sample i have, I have Midway 1 piece rods, and a Dewey's (30 cal and 223) and moe sectioned rods from Hopes, Outers, USGI, and Klean Bore than i care to admit.
For the price I love the Dewey and there bore guide.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#3]
We clean a ton of rifles and love the Dewey rods, HOWEVER (and this is not a sneaky ploy to shamelessly promote our newest product (ok it is a little)[;)] we developed our own cleaning guide due to some shortcomings with some on the market.
I bought a expensive reputable bore guide and was disappointed to see that it was drilled from both ends of the guide, typically not a big deal but my jag would hang up every time we used it, This was due to a serious mismatch in the bore. I also didn't like the overall length (too short) and the lack of knurling on the end (hard for greasy fingers to grasp)
[red]SOOOOOO[/red] I went out to the lathe and spit 25 of these out, I used a gun drill and then reamed the bore to a 32 finish!!! (6061 aluminum, a little anal and overkill but most of my products are a little over the top) I made the second groove in the guide smaller so the orings would grip in the upper tighter. (none are pictured here, they fit in the grooves) This is the same principal that the JP guide rod uses (PS his products are awesome!) I am pretty happy with the outcome and am now mass producing them. With machine time and anodize I am selling for $30.00 each.
[b]Seriously I did not mean to hijack your thread[/b] and appreciate the comment on the Bore tech Rod, I am going to order one tomorrow.
Robert
[url]www.rbprecision.com[/url]

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/pc166c9c9c28d43203fec3236b85e4f61/fae1d638.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/p241eb7240f47d4e6e8f3140f4d794aea/fae1d637.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top