Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2003 11:18:33 AM EDT
can someone humor me and post a clear photo of the front of their recoil buffer (maybe the back? - the shiny part that you see in the lower receiver). i really want to see what normal wear after several thousand rounds looks like. also, do AR buffers generally last indefinitely, and if not how do you know when to replace em? thanks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#1]
There may be circular wear marks, but I wouldn't worry unless you're having problems with the rifle...
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have a look in the "Troubleshooting" section of the Forum, the topic of "contact scratches" is discussed to lenght (I started the thread... and, I believe there are even some pics posted there).  Hope this helps...

hsld.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#3]
interesting thread, thanks for the link. i was just curious because i noticed that on the buffer in my brand new lower i had some strange knicks ("burrs"?) around the outer edges, maybe from a factory test or something. it just got me wondering if a few test fires at the factory knicked it up what a few thousand rounds might do.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top