Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2003 11:36:12 AM EDT
Am I the only person who dosent have a problem with carbon?

I spray hoppes #9 gun oil on a rag and wipe all the burnt gunpowder off. Then I wipe it down with oil with a clean part of the rag and wipe the part dry with a 2nd rag.

The barrel extension is by far the most time consuming part, I just ram a patch arround in there with the cleaning rod through the bottom of the receiver and ejection port.

Thats how I clean my guns, I don't use any solvents or boar brushes. I run patches with #9 on them down the barrel then dry patches until they come out close to clean.  

I diden't have a problem with carbon build up yet. I clean the whole rifle as soon as I get back from the range or at least once every month, whichever comes first. I also Wipe it down with oil every time I handle the firearm.

Is it my meticulous cleaning, or do you guys shoot thousands of rounds at a time?
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 12:59:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I did have a small ammount of carbon on one bolt and I know that was from excess oil. The bolt was still wet when I put it back together.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top