Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2003 10:39:53 PM EDT
The trigger on this Armalite AR doesn't feel as nice and smooth as when I first got it. I sprayed the entire trigger area with brake cleaner, then lubricated it. It hasn't gotten better.

However, I must admit I know nothing about triggers. I am not even sure I lubricated the right spots. So tell me, what must I clean there and how, before I move on to the "15 minute trigger job" described elsewhere on this forum. I would prefer not to modify anything however. (Might be brave enough to polish the trigger once I figure out what to polish or how to remove it).

Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:15:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Try taking apart the whole fire control groop, clean/lube it and put it back together.

You will need to take the pistol grip off, Make sure you don't lose the safety selector detent or spring. Then just punch out the trigger and hammer pins and everything should fall right out.

real simple.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I lubed it and it made a difference. I think tha the last time I used brake cleaner, I did not lubricate it which caused rough trigger pull.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top