Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/28/2003 12:53:31 PM EDT
I've been increasingly using Sentry Solutions "dru lube" products for cleaning/protecting (Tuf-Cloth, Smooth-Kote, Tuf-Glide, etc.) These are Molybdenum Disulfide ("moly") in various proprietary vehicles. Sentry says "The Navy Seals love our stuff on their weapons."

I don't shoot moly bullets. My questions are:
a) Who has tried these things on AR15s? Use them? Like them?
b) Is there any problem using these products with conventional FMJ bullets, and "conventional" bore cleaning methods (Shooter's Choice, Rem Clean, BreakFree, etc.)?
c) Any experience/problems with bolts, pins, chambers, triggers, etc.?

I realize I'm probably removing some of the moly when I clean with solvent. But, does it hurt anything to "finish up" with the moly product, after cleaning? (I especially like using the Tuf-Cloth for "non-bore" polishing and maintenance.)
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
mvic,

I have used the Sentry stuff in the past,and still use the Tuff Cloth for external wipedown on knives and a few guns that pretty much remain stored.The Tuff Cloth really works well as a preservative.

Never had a problem with conventional solvents in the bore or during clean up of internals.

I wouldn't sweat it.

Hope this helps.
S-28

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top