Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/14/2003 1:31:51 PM EDT
This is in the bushmaster catolog is this a good CLP to use?
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 2:15:46 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the, if not the best.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#2]
What STANMAN said.
If you want a larger bottle or more information go to http://www.fp10.com
Raymond
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Made it Hot for ya.

[url]http://www.fp10.com[/url]

MM419
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got my free sample. Love the stuff, smells great and works even better!! Sort of dissapointed about the sample, it came in like a plastic ketchup packet thing. I thought it would be like a bottle like the website said. But it is good stuff, no dout about it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks MM419.
Raymond
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#6]
How does this stuff stack up to say, Mil-Comm? I haven't used either, but I'm looking around...
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I received a free sample and posted the following on the 1911 Board:

I received my sample bottle of FP-10 this week (thank you George) and conducted the following unscientific test. I selected an S&W 4566 that had been retired by a friend due to frame/slide galling. I carefully removed all previous lube with brake cleaner and placed it in a padded bench vise minus barrel, recoil spring and guide. It was placed in the vice at approximately a 70 degree angle and I used an RCBS trigger pull gauge to measure the effort required to start the slide upward from rest. With no lube the resistance was measured at 26 oz. I then lubed the slide rails with the following products and measured resistance: Break-Free CLP, Rem Oil, Tetra Oil and finally FP-10. I was carefull to thoroughly clean the slide between tests with brake cleaner and was also carefull to, as nearly as possible, apply equal amounts of each product. The results:

Slide dry/no lube 26 oz.
Break-Free CLP 24 oz.
Rem Oil 22 oz.
Tetra Oil 22 oz.
FP-10 18 oz.
Wow! what a difference!

Not a scientific test, by any means, but enough to convince me!
Great product George and you've got a convert. Thanks for the opportunity to test it.
RJK
Member 1911Forum .com
Lakewood, CO

After my own testing and reviewing corrosion test results, I now use it on all my weapons.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Two totally different products.
The FP-10 is a cleaner,lubricant,protectant and the Mil-comm is a lubricant/protectant.
As clp's goes,FP-10 rules in my opinion.
The Mil-comm TW-25B and MC-2500 is a much heavier longer lasting lubricant/protectant that has no ability to clean,which requires a clean surface before application.
FP-10 cleans as it lubes,and penetrates better than anything I have ever used.
I use both products depending on the application and have nothing negative to report,just praise.
They have performed excellently for me in every area they are advertised to excell in,and then some.
Both companies are outstanding in the products they offer and customer service.
It just depends on what you want and ease of use.
Do what I did and get some of both and try them for yourself to see what floats your boat.
I will say for the money and ease of use the FP-10 clearly wins and is probably all you will ever need.
Like Ive said in the past,the Mil-comm is extreme and probably more than anyone will ever need.But,I like the additional protection that it offers for my carry pistols in particular.
Raymond
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I find it a very good lube, fairly good cleaner, and slightly above average protector!  Many people love it and I like it but it is not my favorite.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Gentlemen,

Thank you. I see we're at 61% vs 39% on the Firepower FP-10 vs Militec, government usage poll. I'm hoping to have some very good news for all, by the first of the year.

Hey Goatboy...thanks for gettin' her back up!!...I and many others were "jonesin'" for the place. There's only 2 places I seem to hang these days (forum-wise)....here and the 1911 forum. Both are undoubtedly, the best of the best.

Best regards,
George
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#11]
FP-10 is one of my favorites, I just got in my refills. I use it more than CLP. While I was at it, I got a couple of tubs of their PL-10 Lithium based grease which besides being a great grease, is a superior media to use in suppressors.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:34:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeap FP-10 is great.
The "Tidewater corrosion test" totally convinced me FP-10 is the superior lube for sure.
Its the only gun oil I will use from now on.FP-10 for everything on my firearms.
I use the PL-10 on choke tubes,the breech plugs and nipples of my inlines.No more stuck parts with the PL-10.
George is the man.
Raymond
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top