Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/13/2003 4:00:32 PM EDT
I remember reading somewhere that Wolf ammo will wear out some parts of the bolt faster. What parts will it wear out? I know, Wolf=bad, but im gonna try some, im just that cheap.
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 4:01:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 4:03:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats what Im lookin for, thanks.
Anybody else have anything to add?
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I shoot alot of wolf so I got a chromed steel extractor from les baer and an xpower spring,no signs of wear in the last 5000 rounds and the extractor dosent make contact with  anything but the cartridge rim and chrome part of the chamber face,they are a little expensive at $20 a piece but work great.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 5:07:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Personally, I think it's a lotta crap. There are folks on these boards who have fired thousands of rounds of Wolf ammo with no ill affects whatsoever. I use it without reservation. When's the last time you found shards of brass laying in your receiver from the extractor ripping chunks out of your prized domestic brass fodder? The steel parts in your rifle are much harder than the material used in production Wolf casings. Steel cased ammo has been used in military applications for decades. I'd hazard a guess that any military weapons finding their way to the scrap heap got there for reasons other than consumption of high volumes of steel cased ammo. And I'm sure most of us will never burn up enough of it to attribute any deleterious affects to it. Not saying the point has no merit, and I'm sure there has been or will be posts to the contrary, but I think the majority of mechanical failures people associate with Wolf ammo are coincidental. Wolf is just the 'whipping boy'. JMHO.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top