Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2003 4:54:04 PM EDT
I finally decided to use the copper remover on my M4A3, and to my suprise, the patch didn't come out very blue.  I'm pretty anal about cleaning my guns, but I expected more.  

For those of you wiht AOL 8.0...open an IM box. Its about the same color as the background of the box.  A very light blue.

Also, only two patches had any blue on them at all.

Is this normal?  I was expecting a few more dirty patches, and a bit more "blue".

Thanks guys,
Scott
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Is your barrel chrome-lined? If it is, the amount of copper coming out is probably right. Also, for normal cleaning, what kind of solvent do you use? Me personally, I've had patches come out so blue that it looked like someone took a blue Sharpie marker to it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:51:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I do have a chrome bore.

I use Outers Gunslick nitro solvent, and Break Free bore cleaner.  I'm pretty picky about my stuff, I just expected more.

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:53:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Then (probably) the reason that the patches aren't coming out really blue is that the chrome lining isn't letting the copper stay in the barrel with normal cleaning. Just my $.2
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 10:19:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I just had a very similar experience with a VMatch.  Following a high tech break in process (I cleaned the gun and took out and put a case of Federal .55gr hp's through it), I cleaned my barrel and was atounded at how clean it came out.

I was tempted to use Sweets 7.62 but resisted.  CLP was all I used (with tools wise ass).  But I did run two oiled patches, covered with Flitz down the tube, just to see?  And I barely got any discernable lead residue at all.

I think they're low manintenance barrels.  

Now if they only made women like that?  

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top