Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/10/2003 6:19:31 PM EDT
Hello,
I was just wondering what everyone is using for lube.  Just gun oil, or some new high-tech compound or what?

Dustin
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#1]
CLP... BreakFree to be specific...  It's the only lube you'll ever need...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bah!! [:X*] Darkstar has it 1/2 right. The CLP you want is [url=www.fp10.com]FP-10[/url]. It works better and smells better than the Breakfree brand.

I used Breakfree for about 9 months and switched to FP-10 about 6 months ago. It's worked great with my HK-94A3, USP-45, UPS-9 and Beretta 92FS and so far it's worked just as well in my AR. Do a search on the boards and you'll see people have a lot of good stuff to say about FP-10. It's thicker than Breakfree but doesn't gum up. It stays on the firearm much better than Breakfree.

But, to be fair, Breakfree CLP isn't horrible. It's a decent all-in-one product but FP-10 is a bit better. YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#3]
What about Butch's Gun Oil and Shooters Choice FP-10? And then there is REALLY good oil like Kellube (1oz. bottle is $5.95!)
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Shooters choice fp-10 is the FP-10 stated above I think.  They sell it as Firepower fp10 now.  All of the above posts are good except that EEZOX is the best....[:)]........and smells WAY better than both the others!  IS the best corrosion preventative and LUBES great.  Stays were ya put it!  I have all the mentioned lubes and honestly use them all but usually find myself grabbing the EEZOX most often.  REASON BEING?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:52:13 AM EDT
[#5]
What wrong with the old stand by of 3 in one oil?? I have been using it for years on all my guns and it seems to be lubricating everything allright.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:24:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Just use whatever you want...
As long as it works for you it really doesn't matter what others are using.  Currently I'm using Remoil.  I haven't had any problems with it, aside from the fumes.  It will give you a headache if used in large amounts in an unventalated area.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:37:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Bah!! [:X*] Darkstar has it 1/2 right. The CLP you want is [url=www.fp10.com]FP-10[/url]. It works better and smells better than the Breakfree brand.

View Quote

I 2nd the FP-10 CLP. It made me switch from BreakFree. Get a free sample at the website!

For a lubricant ONLY (not a cleaner), that is super slick, try Militec-1.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:36:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Give us the web site address so we can try a free sample..
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:33:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was in the quote from Matt_B, it is [url=http://www.fp10.com/]FP-10[/url]

Click the link for [b]CLP Information[/b], then scroll to the bottom of the page to get your free 1 floz bottle.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:51:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What wrong with the old stand by of 3 in one oil?? I have been using it for years on all my guns and it seems to be lubricating everything allright.
View Quote

im gonna try 3 in one today, a buddy of mine from work is ex military and said that lube kicks ass.  so im taking his word for it and gonna give it a try
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 12:33:23 PM EDT
[#11]
[b] OK I got it now. Sometime I can't see it for looking at it.[/b] I'm going there now and check it out and try a free lube.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Click the link for [b]CLP Information[/b], then scroll to the bottom of the page to get your free 1 floz bottle.

I sure am glad for the specific instructions that you gave. I would have spent half of the evening trying to find the place where you get the free sample. They hid it pretty well.
~ s0ulzer0
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

~ s0ulzer0
View Quote

I sure am glad for the specific instructions that you gave. I would have spent half of the evening trying to find the place where you get the free sample. They hid it pretty well.
View Quote

No problem. It is hidden in there, it used to be on the front page.
I guess they are trying to send samples to only those who are really interested.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

~ s0ulzer0
View Quote

Thanks for bringing that up. I didn't notice the "Free Sample" link on their front page so I thought they were no longer offering it.

I requested a free sample and after I tried it, I ordered a 16 oz bottle.

To me, a company that is willing to send out free samples says a lot about their level of confidence in their product.  

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just use whatever you want...
As long as it works for you it really doesn't matter what others are using.  Currently I'm using Remoil.  I haven't had any problems with it, aside from the fumes.  It will give you a headache if used in large amounts in an unventalated area.
View Quote

That's one of the beauties of FP-10's faint smell of cinnamon. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#16]
yoyo

I met a guy at the range who was putting very tight 5 shot groups at 100 yds and his ar 15 had the smoothest action that i have ever felt he told me that he uses slick 50 motor oil treatment to oil his gun parts. I havent tryed it yet but if what he said is true it is all i will ever use..

it is something to think about..

vinniedablade
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top