Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/7/2003 7:04:14 AM EDT
I have been having a problem wherein the extracted case is not ejected out of the action (door is open).  The case ends up trapped in the groove of the charging handle between the nose of the charging handle and the upper locking lugs of the bolt.  I did notice that the ejection pin surface was pitted.  I have since polished it out but have not tried the rifle since.  Any suggestions as to what is wrong?
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Replace the ejector and ejector spring. Also, check the extractor, extractor spring and the plastic extractor spring insert.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Since it appears the empty case is loose inside the upper, my first guess would be that the extractor is letting go of it as the bolt cycles to the rear.

I’d remove the extractor, spring and insert – clean them and the recess they sit in, inspect for any obvious problems, and try again.  

If that doesn’t work, replace the spring and insert.  If that doesn’t work, replace the extractor.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:25:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input.  Yes, I did take the bolt apart after having made a clone of the Sinclair tool.  I could find no dirt or other material within the bolt recess.  However, I did notice that the extractor spring pressure on the outside of the extractor was noticably weaker than on another bolt that I had.  I tried streching the extractor spring a bit, but it still remains weaker than the newer bolt.  I will order off a new spring and insert.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top