Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/29/2003 7:07:07 AM EDT

Sorry for the rookie question, but I can't find the answer anywhere.

Which end of the insert goes in the extractor?  The big end?

Does the insert go in first, then the spring or do they both go in together as one piece?

thanks in advance      larry
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 10:55:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I put the insert into the spring then put the two into the recess in the extractor. I don't think the insert will go into the spring but one way. Don't be sorry for rookie questions, we all ask them at one time or another. That's how I learn on this board.

Shabo
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Thanks, Once the insert goes into the spring,which end goes into the extractor, the big end of the insert or the smaller end?

I think probably the bigger end of the insert but I want to make sure.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Its the bigger end and install the insert into the spring before you put it into the extractor.

The extractor spring has to snap into the extractor. Theres a groove in the hole where the spring goes and you'll hear it "click/snap" into place.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top