Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2003 1:56:24 PM EDT
I have a year old Bushmaster with a muzzle break on it.  I was wondering if it is possible to remove it.  It has two flat spots on it to use a wrench on.  Will the muzzle break just screw off or is it permanantly attatched?
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 3:41:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Suspect if it is only a year old your MB is "pinned-on" and if ya try to remove it w/ a wrench you'll ruin it. Suggest ya have a gunsmith examine it or check w/ Kurt's Kustom on-site here in Industry Forums and let him know what type of brake it has and he can help tell ya how to remove it properly.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:37:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a year old Bushmaster with a muzzle break on it.  I was wondering if it is possible to remove it.  It has two flat spots on it to use a wrench on.  Will the muzzle break just screw off or is it permanantly attatched?
View Quote

Just curious as to why you want to take it off? I was thinking about putting one on mine, but perhaps there's some reason I shouldn't be?

Thanks-- RUT
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:43:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I use to have a Bushy Shorty w/ an AK muzzle break.  It was loud and everyone on the right an left of me complained about the noise and the blast.  

I now have a Bushy V-Match, mainly for the free floating barrel, no muzzle break.  I personally don't notice any difference in recoil.  Not much recoil from an AR to beging with.

But.........some people like a muzzle break because it looks "cool" and maybe they can tell it has less recoil.  If that's the case, go for it!

Rambosky
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top