Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/3/2003 4:25:48 PM EDT
Had a firearms instructor tell me to use a brush on a bore before you do anything with the CLP..said that you wouldn't mop a floor without sweeping it first, right?  Makes sense to me, however the Bushmaster manual says "always have the bore wet with cleaner before trying to pull a brush through."  Does anyone have the correct information on this?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't run a dry brush through the bore.  It will not accomplish anything and may harm the bore in the long run.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally I think running a patch wet with just about anything will pull more crap out that a dry bore brush and will provide some lubrication for the brush.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top