Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 2:49:33 AM EDT
I know what the letters mean but is 'CLP' used to refer to any kind of gun cleaner/lube (such as Rem Oil) or is it a specific brand of stuff? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:29:32 AM EDT
[#1]
This is what I use, [url]http://www.break-free.com[/url]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#2]
CLP is what you decide for yourself to work best.  There is actually a goverment issue CLP with a Mil-Spec number.  I bought some FP-10 and liked what I've seen so far.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#3]
FP-10 (a brand of CLP) is giving out free samples,  seems like good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#4]
[blue][b] I just got my free sample of FP-10 CLP and let me say it was no eye dropper size sample either. I was kinda expecting one of those tiny .20 oz containers but was surprised when I received a 1 oz bottle with applicator tip.[url=www.fp10.com ] FP-10 [/url]

[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[blue][b] I just got my free sample of FP-10 CLP and let me say it was no eye dropper size sample either. I was kinda expecting one of those tiny .20 oz containers but was surprised when I received a 1 oz bottle with applicator tip.[url=www.fp10.com ] FP-10 [/url]

[/blue][/b]
View Quote

Wasn't that a HOOT>>>I thought I'd get a .20 bottle like MiliTec-1
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#6]
CLP = Clean, Lubricate, Protect.

The original CLP was formulated by the original Break-Free company using a Mil-Spec for a product that the Military wanted.
The Military wrote the Mil-Spec and Break-Free met the specification.

Break-Free lost the contract to the DOD as the main supplier of CLP (remember, DOD "owns" the Mil-Spec, so anyone that could meet the Mil-Spec can make and call it CLP) back in the late 80's. A company called ROYCO is now the primary contractor/supplier of CLP to the DOD. "Break-Free" brand of CLP is still carried in the Military supply system, if you want to order it you have to do it by name and not by NSN.

I think that Rem Oil is Royco CLP that is relabed as such.

The three main contractors for CLP to the military are:
VELSICOL CHEMICAL CORP
BREAK-FREE
ROYAL LUBRICANTS INC (Royco)          

There may be others that make a Mil-Spec CLP for the Military, but they are not listed as being a supplier by the DOD.
ROYAL LUBRICANTS INC          

Go to this webpage for your free sample of FP-10:
[url]http://www.fp10.com/[/url]
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top