Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2002 3:49:12 AM EDT
My first ar-15 will be in my hands by the end of the week. What cleaning products and tools do I need and where is the best place to buy them.I also need cleaning supplies and tools for my new M1A. Thanks for the help. eagle308us
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 9:00:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey there!  Congrats on your 1st AR.  You'll love it!  Cleaning supplies are a personal choice as so many are good but personally I use Shooters choice bore cleaner for the really tough carbon build up jobs.  Then for protect and lube as well as descent cleaning I use Breakfree CLP or EEZOX CLP.  I only go the shooters choice route when I do a detail cleaning as the other two products do a great job for everyday clean up, lube, protect.  I personally can attest to EEZOX being the best lube protectant combination I have ever seen.  If you check out my post in this forum about "rust/corrosion test" you'll see why I feel that way.  I have been soaking the nails for a week now and EEZOX shows no sign of ANY corrosion.  AND NO I dont work for them...:).....As for cleaning tools I use an OTIS cleaning kit.  You can find all of these products on the web as they have websites.  EEZOX.COM, OTIS.COM, etc etc!  Good luck and remember that cleaning is a personal preference so try different products and go with what you think is best.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top