Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2017 4:37:46 PM EDT

Factory assembled PSA 20" nitrite upper.
PMC .223A 55Gr.
Used a combination of Troy & magpul magazines.
First 18 rounds ran fine then it seems like it was an issue feeding.
Failed to go into battery several times.
Charging handle was difficult to pull
Multiple  times.
Almost seems like it was under powered.
Like there wasn't enough velocity to strip the round put of the magazine..
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Could be an OOS carrier.

I had one of the Ice Arms lemons that has the cam pin channel cut all fucked up.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#2]
In the first pic is middle round dented at the primer end too?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In the first pic is middle round dented at the primer end too?
View Quote
No.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:20:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I pretty much only use CLP, Hoppes 9, & lubriplate (not on the AR) for everything.
After getting home & breaking it down I'm inclined to lean towards a short stroke.
The back half of the carrier was much drier than the front so perhaps it all ran forward while it was stored or I simply didn't apply it evenly.
It also did seem rather filthy for the minimal amount of rounds I put through it now that I think about it.
Also the PMC .223A load is kinda known to be somewhat under powered.
I have some IWI & AE M193 that I'm going to bring out with me next trip.
Hopefully next weekend.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:20:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:27:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:41:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Bolt override jam. Bolt is not catching the top round as it comes forward and tries to drag it into the chamber but instead jams on it. Using the same ammo see if it loads manually by retracting the charging handle and letting it fly. Point the muzzle in a safe direction when doing this just in case. If it loads manually it must be short-stroking when firing.
With no ammo or magazine in the gun, yank the charging handle back and release it about 100 times. Clean and oil it and try shooting the same ammo again. If it still happens, you have to start looking for the problem. It could be the recoil spring is too heavy for the ammo. The buffer may be too heavy. The bolt carrier could be dragging (the exercise above will usually smooth out a new rifle). And of course, the gas system may be faulty.
Another thing to check is the gas key on top of the bolt carrier to see if it has loosened.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top